Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ride the Lightning, Part 2

Had to cut tonight's run a little short due to excessive lightning. It was really starting to get close and even though it was dark, you could really see the dark clouds rolling in. Talk about a great incentive to pick up the pace quite a bit! As a matter of fact, I think it is raining right now. Got stood up by Jerome again tonight, so not sure what is going on there. Not sure if I should try and get us together on Thursday, or if I should just run early and solo, and then wait for Aaron to get back this weekend. I haven't talked to him in awhile either, so I am hoping that he is getting some running done in Texas. He has been really consistent lately, though, so I have no doubt that he has been putting in the mileage and will be ready to go 6 on Sunday. I'm looking forward to getting in some good runs together next week. A long run on Sunday, and then a couple of up tempo runs through the week.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Don't worry...despite extreme temperatures and the occasional questionable neighborhood, I have not missed a run....I have to tell you though, the 3 miles in 106 degree heat on Tuesday about killed me. I ran last night on the treadmill for 2 miles and it seemed like I finished the half....I frickin' hate the treadmill, but I feel like I got a pretty good workout. Today I am going to run 3.1 outside, but wait until later to do it.....I'll run 6 with you on Sunday, don't worry....Peace out....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home