Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm Burning, My Lungs are Burning

Have I mentioned how damn hot it is outside? It hasn't stopped the running, though, but it really is hot. I swear that after running Sunday night, it would have been nice to go sit down, cool off, and relax for a little bit in hell. They might have had a little bit of a breeze, at least.

After taking a month or so off when my foot hurt, I am starting to feel like a runner again. Aaron and I did 4 miles on Sunday, and I really felt pretty good. The heat got to me, but my legs felt great. My lungs seem to be the problem lately. I swear, I felt like Sandy Lyle (RAINDANCE!) for the last hundred yards or so. I think that is good news, though, because as long as the legs are healthy, I can get the lungs in shape. It's been nice having Aaron and Jerome to run with. I don't think I could have made 4 miles on Sunday without someone to talk to. Hopefully, I can get up to Aaron's pace by race day, so we can both have someone to talk to.

I know that Daylen has been running, and Chad is supposed to start back up today (envision in your head me holding my breath), so hopefully it won't just be me and Aaron come race day. Kary and Shell are also supposed to start training soon, and I know that Pascal is out of the running (a play on words! Genius!!), so I'm not sure who we are going to have. Pascal is supposed to have surgery on Wednesday, so he is looking at 2-3 months before he can really get back in the swing of things. Between my training and his diet (Dr Pepper and Twix last time I checked), by the time November rolls around, I'm pretty sure he will be about 220 pounds and asking me to take more walk breaks when we run together. He doesn't think so, but he also likes techno music, so you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt....