Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Three's Company

I had a nice run last night. It was kind of odd, though, because I am used to doing all of my running alone. But last night, I ran with 2 of my best buddies for the first time. Time really seems to fly when running with others. It was probably good that I had others with me to keep me going, because last night I felt like a big fat guy who hasn't done much running in the last month. Not sure why that would be.

I was definitely the slow guy of the group, even though Jerome hasn't done much running since his escape from prison, and Aaron had already ran 3 miles (fueled by 16.5 pounds of lasagna). That's OK, though, it was nice just being out there. I have to admit that it was a little frustrating knowing that I had lost all of the stamina I had built up while running consistently. I felt really heavy and sluggish, and even the slightest downhill makes my knees hurt. Stop me if I have said this before, but I have to lose some weight. I am still gunning for 245 by 8/1. I can't fathom what it will feel like running at 205 or 210. I'm guessing it will be better.

The good news is that I lifted weights at lunch again today, and we are all planning on getting together again tomorrow night for another run. It is a little easier to get out there when you know there are 2 other people counting on you to be there. I am going to focus a little more on what I am eating tomorrow to see if that makes much of a difference. We'll see.....

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

I don't know what it is about running with others that makes it so much better, but it was....when I am by myself, I don't think I feel as motivated or something....also as a side note, I'm glad we are running late at night, because I ran yesterday at 5, and it sucked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home