Thursday, August 10, 2006

How NOT to do it

It really wasn't a conscious choice, but my pre-run meal tonight probably won't become a habit. Fried taquitos and salsa didn't provide that little lift I was looking for. Instead, I spent the whole run feeling bloated and burping up salsa, which really didn't help all that much. It also didn't help that Jerome was a no-show so I got to run by myself. It's a shame really, because tonight could have been a great run if I had eaten correctly and had someone to push me a little bit.

My legs felt really good tonight, but I never could catch that breath I needed. I need to really work on improving my max VO2. Now that my legs seem to be pretty healthy, I feel like I can work hard enough to start improving my lung capacity. Losing weight will also help with that. I went grocery shopping tonight, and I am hoping that I can be down around 243 by the time I run with Aaron again. Since he will be out of town this weekend and next week, it will probably be the following Sunday, and I'm not sure about his running plan, but I think I will be running 6 miles that day. I've only put in that kind of distance once, and that was the week that I hurt my foot. I'm hoping to avoid doing that again by avoiding the hills I was running. So far, so good. I may try to ride the exercise bike tomorrow at lunch. I have to kick the cross training up if I plan on making weight next week.

By the way, I challenged Daylen to a race at the Route 66, but I don't think he wants to drive to Tulsa. Or else he doesn't want to get beaten by a fat ass. Hard to say.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

I'll still be on a 4 mile schedule that day, but I'll run 6 if you want......C'mon man, taquitos? Well....I can't talk, I had prine rib last night....but I did have a salad and sweet potato too.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home