Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot

Damn it is hot outside. It is really hard to get motivated to do anything outside when it is this damn hot. I haven't been running in quite a while, but I haven't been totally bed-ridden. I've started lifting weights and tonight I push mowed as much of my 3/4 of an acre as I could before it got dark. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, but I want to make sure I don't get hurt this time. The way to do that is simple, but it is something I haven't been able to accomplish yet. I need to add strength and lose weight. No big mystery. So what I need to do is no surprise, and the way to do it isn't that complicated either. There is only one way. Yep, surgery.

Seriously, though, everybody these days is looking for the easy way to do things. To lose weight, people want to take a pill, or drink some magic green tea, etc. The one thing nobody wants to do is bust their ass exercising and eat healthy food. Losing weight isn't easy, but it is simple. I know how to lose weight. People are always giving me advice on how to lose weight. I'm sure they mean well, but what they don't understand is that I probably know more about losing weight and getting in shape than most people. They see me as the big fat guy and think that I have always been this way. None of my friends now know me as an athlete. My problem isn't a lack of knowledge. It is a lack of willpower and commitment.

I think that may be worse, though. The fact that I know what to do really gives me no excuses. It's embarrassing. Something has to change. I thought I was on the right track until the foot problems. It is so easy to find excuses not to get off of the couch, or to go eat some fast food for lunch. The problem is, none of the excuses are valid. I hope I don't sound whiny, because I'm not trying to. I am not blaming anybody else and I am not trying to say "poor me." But I know who I am and what I need to overcome. I also know that it can be done. Easier said than done, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home