Sunday, July 16, 2006

Back in the Swing

Tomorrow is the day. I have to start running again. After running pretty steadily for weeks, after I hurt my foot, I fell right back in to doing nothing. Inertia is a powerful force. It is really going to be uncomfortable running in this heat, but maybe it will help me lose the weight faster. I weighed myself this evening, and the scales showed me a very flabby 249. It's funny, because I haven't really gained much weight back after not running, but I can really tell a difference in the mirror. Everything was starting to get pretty solid before I hurt myself, but now I feel (and look) like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. Disgusting.

So I'm not really sure what the status of the marathon is. Actually, I do know the status. The marathon will happen, but I'm just not sure what my part in it will be. Do I run the half? Do I suffer and run the whole thing? I guess we will have to see what the next week or so brings.

Sorry for the lack of new posts, by the way. We have been having some computer problems, and also, this is supposed to be about my training, and I just having been doing anything. Unless you count training for eating contests, which is what I feel like I am doing. Tomorrow, I will try and find the Thorlo's and get back out there. Keep your fingers crossed.....

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Shell said...

'bout time you showed back up. You WILL participate in the marathon, dude. You got the rest of us all excited about it... you can't wimp out on us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home