Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rest Days

So I have been making sure to get in my rest days. Just to make sure I am well rested, I haven't run in 7 days. And it is driving me nuts. My foot was really bothering me for a few days, but after a week of exercising it under my desk with a can of pears, walking around the house in my pajamas and running shoes (with new arch supports), and generally taking it easy, I think I am ready to run again. It is starting to feel normal, so hopefully that means I can get back to running. I am having a bad foot week, though, because I am also battling a painful (and disgusting) blister between a couple of toes on my left foot. I keep draining it, and it keeps filling back up. Which I don't understand, because it is split right down the middle. It has been there for awhile, though, so I don't think it will inhibit my running unless it gets infected.

The injury really freaked me out. I am starting to question whether or not it is possible to go from the shape I was in to marathon-ready in about 26 weeks. I'm not ready to give up, though, but I have to start getting serious about losing the weight. The only way this can be done is to be a lot lighter. There is no way my knees and feet are going to hold up to 26 weeks of running at 250 pounds. The key is going to have to be the cross-training days. I have been slacking on those big time. So whether it is riding the bike or lifting weights, I have to buckle down. So to that extent, I need to come up with some kind of weight loss challenge. I don't know what that will involve, but I will weigh myself in the morning to see where I am starting from. I feel terrible, because I had been losing weight, but I am afraid that I put it all back on in the last week. I wish losing weight was as easy as gaining it. I guess there would be no challenge in that, though, would there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home