Thursday, August 24, 2006

Diet, Day 4

It's funny, but everybody in my group at work who is doing the diet has been complaining about being hungry and having headaches. I guess it's not all that funny, but it is good for me because other than a few extra restroom trips, I'm not having any negative side effects. I actually feel pretty great. I weighed 242 when I got up this morning, and I am starting to really tell a difference in the mirror. I'm eating more than I did before the diet, but the food I'm eating is very nutritionally dense. Alot of beans, some corn, yogurt, bananas, apples, oatmeal, etc. It's weird, because EVERYTHING I am eating is healthy. It really makes me notice how little healthy food I was eating before. I am still fighting cravings but only a couple of times a day.

While following a diet this strict isn't something I think I could do forever, I have learned alot about how to eat going forward. It's nothing that I didn't already know, it was just stuff that I didn't pay much attention to. So far it hasn't had much effect on my running, but with the kids and Kary being sick, I haven't been able to do the cross training that I need to do, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I'm hoping to get out for a good run tonight, either a fast 2 miles or a little bit slower 4 miles. I guess I will have to see how I feel once I get out there.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Let me know how your run went....What's your diet plan after detox?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home