Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Getting there. Slowly.

I will try and give a more detailed post tomorrow, but just a quick update on the training. It is going great. Aaron and I have lost the ability to run slower than 12 minute miles all of a sudden. To the speedier people of the world, that may not seem too fast, but to a couple of Clydesdales, it is pretty quick! Aaron and I seem to be perfect training partners, with me pushing him in the middle of the runs, and him leaving me in the dust at the end. Tonight may be the last time he gets to pick our route, though, because he tried to kill me with hills. Somehow, we ended up running up Cleveland for one steep block, running up College for what seemed like a half mile, running up Walnut from the bottom of the hill to the Armory, up the little(!) hill on Hammill Lane, uphill all the way through the park, up 2 blocks to the temple, then one lap around the temple (going uphill for half of it). Luckily, the run ended up being a block shorter than I thought it was going to be.

Unbelievably, I ran it in 40:03, for an 11:15 pace. Considering we walked at least 3 times, we were moving pretty good the rest of the time. Tonight was also the first run in my new Asics Kayanos. They felt great. I may try and figure out how to post a picture tomorrow and show the new kicks.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Believe me now and hear me later....I have no problem being kicked off the route selection committee....that sucked last night.....but feels good now...

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kary said...

4 minute miles...it's supposed to be 4 minute miles - not 12.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home