Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Runner's World 2007

I have a lot of goals for the upcoming year, but most of them aren't related to running, so feel free to fill in the blanks:

I would like to ______ by Feb 1st.
I need to eat one pound of _______ this year.
If I were a _______, I would ________ this summer.
Since I have never ________, I should apologize to _________.
Due to my lack of super powers, I should probably stop _________.
But if I get super powers, I should really concentrate more on ______.
Finally, since my _______ could be considered illegal in 32 states, I should think about __________.

As far as running goals, though, here's what I have:

Run a sub-24 minute 5K
Run a sub-43 minute 5 miler
Run a sub-55 minute 10k
Run a sub-2:05 half marathon
Finish 2 marathons
Run at least 15 races and qualify for a Landrunners award
Complete a triathlon
Complete a 50 mile bicycle race
Run a total of 1250 miles for the year.

Physically, I would like to:

Weigh under 205 pounds
Reach single digits on body fat percentage
Have abdominal muscles (that people can actually see)
Wear no larger than a 36 inch waist on my pants

I am sure there are more, but that is all I can think of for right now. I will add more as they come to me, but the way my mind has been lately, I wouldn't hold your breath....

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

I would like to be as cool as Aaron by Feb 1st.

I need to eat one pound of Dark Chocolate this year.
If I were a non-runner, I would waste alot of valuable weather this summer.

Since I have never run a marathon, I should apologize to nobody.

Due to my lack of super powers, I should probably stop trying to use x-ray vision.

But if I get super powers, I should really concentrate more on using it for good, not personal self gratification.

Finally, since my running partner's sensational abilities could be considered illegal in 32 states, I should think about seeing about slowing him down.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Lofty goals, man....'course it just means I'll meet mine too since you shall not pass, because nobody f***s with the Jesus!!

Seriously, you can do it!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to be a bonafide non-smoker by Feb 1st.

I need to eat one pound of leafy greens this year.

If I were a braver/smarter person, I would move to another city this summer.

Since I have never utilized all my gifts, I should apologize to God.

Due to my lack of super powers, I should probably stop stressing over things I can't control.

But if I get super powers, I should really concentrate more getting those thing I've always wanted outta life.

Finally, since my cumulative work hours could be considered illegal in 32 states, I should think about improving the quality of my personal life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home