Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Update

Everything is pretty much going according to plan. I'm really not losing any weight, but I am almost to the point that I am just going to accept running the half at 240. It's not going to be pretty, but it can be done. Since our long run last week, I have run every other day. I did 4.5 Thursday, a 5K on Saturday, and then a 7 miler yesterday. I'm closing in on 100 miles logged since I started running in late August, so that is pretty cool. I'm still getting sore after running, so I'm not able to go hard two days in a row. Hell, I have a hard time going two easy days in a row.

The seven miler was a little more of an ass-whip than I anticipated, and I even had some side cramps from about the 1 mile mark to around the 3 mile mark. I wish I knew what I did to make it go away, because I might need that information later. I think I am opting out of running tonight. I figured I could either have a slow, easy run that accomplishes nothing, or I can have a tough bike workout, and try to increase lung capacity. It's bizarre, but when training, it is always my legs that give out, but on race day, it is always my lungs. I think a little (or a lot) of time on the bike will help with that.

Speaking of races, it looks like we may have a crowd at Saturday's 10K. I sent in my entry form today along with Pascal's and Daylen's. I think Aaron has already sent his in, so we should have quite a group. It will be nice to run in a race with Pascal again, because he was in all 3 of the races I ran last year. Due to injury, though, we haven't run together this year. I suppose I should tell him anything I need to before or after the race since I won't see much of him once we get started. To be honest, I need to start working a little harder anyway, because I'm seeing less and less of Aaron on race day too! That's OK, I'm just hoping we are in the same weight class before we are in the same age group!

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Oh sure....make me jealous by playing with the other boys.....Saturday does sound like fun.....Don't worry, I ran for you on Tuesday...it was a bit more of a whip than I thought though, I guess because of the 7 on Monday, but 7+4.5 only = 11.5, which isn't even a half marathon yet, so I feel like a big ol sissy....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home