Sunday, December 03, 2006

Speed Bump

My weight loss has taken a minor hit with the 4 day weekend due to the snowstorm. I felt like I had made a pretty good start last week, running on Sunday and Tuesday and lifting on Monday and Tuesday, but after not doing much of anything since Tuesday, I feel like I have regressed. On the plus side, though, the beard is starting to come in pretty nicely.

So I guess it looks like I am back at square zero starting tomorrow. I know I can lift weights at lunch, and hopefully I can run tomorrow night. I have the diet pretty well mapped out for the week after going shopping today. Kashi oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt, salad fixins, 15 bean soup, etc, should be the key to losing double digit pounds this week. I had originally planned on weighing myself tomorrow morning, but I don't think there is any need for that right now. I know I'm not where I need to be, so why bother.

I am starting to get a little nervous about the running, by the way. The more I pay attention to other people's race times (especially Aaron's), the more I realize how damn slow I am. I know that I will get faster as I lose weight and start working in speed work, but right now, that seems like a long way away. Some of that may just be panic setting in after not running for almost a week, but it still makes me a little nervous. The good news is that I don't have any races planned until February's Frigid 5 (I'm not sure if my wife is one of the 5, by the way). I guess we will see where I stand then. Hopefully, I will stand about 50 pounds lighter so the other racers don't run behind me to escape the wind...

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Update your blog or suffer the consequences, human.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home