Saturday, September 23, 2006

Renaissance Run


Ran my first race of the year today, and my 4th overall. Rode with Aaron, Shell, and the kids to Midwest City for the Renaissance Run 5K with hopes of definitely setting a new personal record, and possibly running sub-30. I achieved the first goal, and fell a little short on the second, finishing with a 31:01, which is exactly a 10 minute pace. I am pretty happy with how I ran, knocking 2:14 off of my previous best. I honestly don't think I could have run any harder, so I am not that disappointed with not cracking 30.

The pace at the start of the race seemed to be much quicker than I had hoped for, and the first block or so was up a pretty good incline, and I think that may have taken some of the wind out of me, because I couldn't seem to catch my breath the whole race. My legs felt great, and never seemed to give out, which was encouraging. I think I can address the lack of oxygen with cross-training, which I haven't been doing much of lately.

All in all, though, a good race for me. Thanks to Shell for providing the pic of me right after the finish, and congrats to Aaron for completing his first ever race, and setting his PR mark at a very impressive 30:39. I'm looking forward to running the Trolley Track 10K next month, and I am guaranteeing a PR for both of us. Mark it down.

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wso esta supermegaultrarequetebien. te lo digo enserio

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Chris said...

umm, OK.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Kary said...

Congratulations to both of you. I want to go along next time.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Shell said...

I totally agree with the first comment. Couldn't have said it better myself.

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, are those the clean up people. This picture is like 2 days after the race isn't it...Just kidding. Hey man, way proud of you bro. Now I got to get out there with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home