Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Easy run

Not much to post after yesterday's novel. Had a nice, easy 3.54 mile run in 42:02, for an 11:52 pace. Having serious doubts about trying to break 30 on Saturday. I'm not sure I am fit enough for that yet. I'm having to kill myself to maintain the paces I have been running, so I don't know if it is worth the toll it is taking on my joints to run this hard. Right around a 12 minute pace is comfortable right now, and anything faster hurts. I will have to see how I feel on Saturday to decide if I want to try and break 30, or if I just want to set a new PR. Here is the record so far:

117 9/10 M3034 Chris Jarred Guthrie OK 33 33:15 (Creek Classic, 117th out of 135 men)

Maybe just breaking 33 minutes will be enough. I have to figure out if I am ready to race this year, or if it is enough to just enjoy the races, and then next year get more serious about my times. Not sure.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Shell said...

I thought this was all supposed to be for fun? Why all the pressure and obsession with numbers, man?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Chris said...

we are guys, that's what we do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home