Tuesday, June 06, 2006

39:55

I had a really good run tonight. Tonight was a time run instead of a distance run, which seems like a lot less pressure for some reason. It seemed extremely hot and humid, though, so I was sweating like a pregnant nun the whole time. Which leads me back to the chafing issue I've been having. After a crack team of plastic surgeons reassembled my left nipple after Sunday's long run, I ended up having the same problem again tonight. I didn't have this problem last year, but I had stopped running before it really got hot, so I'm not all that surprised. I may have to start experimenting with Body Glide or Vaseline (minds out of the gutter perverts) going forward, because it hurts like hell!

I have been doing my long runs with a run/walk ratio of 3 minutes running and 2 minutes of walking, but tonight I thought I might try something different. I started off running for 19 minutes, walked for 2 or 3 minutes, and then ran for almost another 19 minutes. I don't know if I have ever strung together almost 20 straight minutes of running before, but it felt really good. My left knee is still causing me a little problem, but not as much as it did last year. I still haven't decided how much walking I will do at the Bricktown Blaze. I guess I will have to see how the training goes between now and then and how I feel on race day.

Speaking of the Blaze, it is starting to look like I will have quite a few friends running. Aaron, Chad, Sara and her family, and who knows who else? As slow as I have been running, I don't think anyone has to worry about getting beat by me. But it should be a great time! Last year, 3.1 miles seemed like a long way, but by race day, I will have run at least a 7 miler. Hopefully, I can get under 240 before race day. If I can get under 240, I would be pretty tempted to guarantee a sub-30 race. By the marathon, I would love to get under 25 minutes. Maybe a sub-50 10K? Who knows?

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Kary said...

One word - pasties! Have fun with the strippers this week...or am I not supposed to know about that? Really, have fun, I'll miss you.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

I think you are ahead of me...I have been working really hard at getting ready for this 5k, and I don't think there is anyway I can get sub 30....but I'm trying....good luck with all that.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home