Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Plan

As promised, here is the running plan. It is the second one down, the "To Finish" program. Nothing too fancy. Today is the Wednesday of week 3. I had planned to do some cross-training today, but my legs (and the rest of me) feel exhausted, so I decided to just lounge tonight. Emma actually fell asleep early tonight, and I've taken full advantage of that by not doing anything even remotely productive.

I needed to run between 30 and 45 minutes last night, so I headed uptown at about 10 and took off. I felt really good and strong for about the first 20 minutes, and then I really started to peter out. I think I may have gone out a little fast, and paid for it at the end of the run. The tendons in my knees really started to bother me. Didn't feel like injury pain, just overuse strain. I'm not sure my legs were completely healed from the 4 miler I ran on Sunday. So I ended up walking more than I had planned, but that is OK. It still seemed like a productive run and I ended up going for 44 minutes.

I'm hoping that fighting through runs like last night will be helpful come Nov 19th. Who knows how I'm going to feel on race day? That is one of the good (or bad) things about running on the road. If you are in the middle of an out and back run, and you start having problems, you don't have many options. You can either gut it out, or you can quit. Quitting sounded like a pretty good choice last night, but eventually, someone would have missed me. Probably not anybody at home, but maybe at work this morning when my group needed someone to complain to.....

1 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Kary said...

Oh poor baby!! Don't kid yourself, I would have missed you...about 6:30 in the morning, when Emma decided to wake up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home