Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday

Not really much going on today. Really trying to focus on my diet right now. There is a fine line between eating to lose weight and eating to train. I'm trying to make sure I get enough carbs to fuel the workouts, but not so much that I can't lose the weight. Haven't remembered to hop on the scales first thing in the morning for awhile, so I need to try and remember in the morning.

Ran for about 35 minutes this evening at the track. It was pretty windy out, but I had a good time. The temperature was perfect, and other than my legs feeling like lead, I felt great physically. I kept a pretty good pace walking, and then ran the 100 yards or so on the downwind side of the track each time around. Everything is starting to come together, slowly but surely. I had brief thoughts today of running the Redbud this weekend, but I just don't think I am ready. I've been asked to run a 5K leg of the marathon relay later this month, and I'm really not even sure I can be ready for that. I guess as long as the rest of the team realizes how slow I am, it won't be much of a problem. Hopefully I can be down to around 240 by that time, which should help.

4 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

I have to agree with you homey....their is a fine line between eating to lose weight and eating to train....I can tell you this....for each pound we lose, training becomes that much easier and better....I just don't believe at my weight, I am training yet, I kind of look at it as training to train....I am not going to begin "training" until I get down to 220....I have nightmares about showing up for the race and realizing I outweigh all the other runners by 100 pounds!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I have that same nightmare....

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

The misuse of the word "their" in my post was a typo, not a grammatical error..........Makes me sick.....

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stampede!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home