Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hump Day

There's just no telling when you are going to have a great workout. I had an extraordinarily busy and crappy day at work today, and after working out for 3 straight days, I thought I might fight my way through a walk tonight before taking the night off tomorrow. I read part of a book at lunch today called Chi-Running, and thought I might try out some of the principles. I have to say I felt great the whole time! I probably didn't do much more than 2 miles, but I did a lot more running than I had been doing, and it was all pain free. It was a pretty short workout, around 35 minutes, but the pace was a little faster, and I took the loop around the neighborhood with more hills. All in all a great night.
So I weighed in here at the house today at 247, which was a little surprising. I'm not putting much thought into that right now, though. A 3 pound drop in one day has to be some kind of anomoly, not a bona fide fat loss. But it is always nice to see the scale go down. Not sure how I would feel about myself right now if I were to weigh in over 250 again. If, like some people who shall remain nameless, I had gorged myself shamelessly for the last couple of days, and weighed in at 252.5 this morning, I don't think I could have looked at myself in the mirror.
I think I am to the point now where I can kiss 250 goodbye forever. I'm not sure why I am as motivated as I am right now, but I hope it lasts. 247 is better than 250, but the difference still seems pretty slight. I don't think I will really start to get excited until I can make the drop into the 230's. That seems like a long way away. Who knows, though. I don't really feel like I can start running and training as hard as I want to until I get down in the mid 220's. If I can average 3 pounds a week, I should be there in about 6 weeks. Sprinkle a couple of 5 pound weeks in there, and I could be running a couple of races by midsummer.
On a totally unrelated note, last night, as I'm driving past the sewer plant I pass every day on my way home, I notice a dead skunk in the road right by the entrance. To me, that seems a little like overkill, pardon the pun. Kary commented that that was a waste of a good skunk. Not sure whether or not I agree with that, but I have to say, on the irony scale, that's way up there....

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

I have removed all mirrors from the house for this very reason...........

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Kary said...

Yeah, the poor skunk died in vain, and nobody even smelled it. The least you could have done is move it further down the road, far enough to escape the sewer smell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home