Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Chasing Belgians at the Lake, Part Deux

So, went riding with Pascal at the lake again today. Had a really good time and felt pretty good. I'm not sure it's as much fun for Pascal. I mean, if you are in the shape he is, how much fun can it be getting passed by old dudes and heavy-set women, and having to turn around every 2 or 3 minutes to ask your gasping and wheezing buddy if we "need to slow down a little bit." Belgian bastard! Damn right we need to slow down a little bit!! I feel like the Kool-Aid man going out for an easy ride with Lance Armstrong. No chest pain to speak of so far, though, so that is good. The body is such a weird thing. The first time we went for a ride, my lungs were burning, and my legs felt pretty good until the last 2 or 3 miles. This time, my lungs never really gave me a problem, but my legs were just burning like crazy. We did knock 3 to 5 minutes off of last weeks ride.
I felt a little bad today at work. Fellow heavyweight Chad has been working hard at being more active and eating better, and was talking about losing 8 pounds in the last 8 days. I turned into the anti-Tony Robbins and said something about that being too much weight to lose in that short of time and that he wasn't losing the weight "the right way." I need to be a better friend than that and remember that my way of doing things isn't always the right way or the only way. I mean it IS usually the best way, but whatever.
By the weigh (yes that was on purpose), I weighed in at 250 lbs here at the house this morning. My scales aren't as fancy as the ones at work, so it only weighs in 1 pound increments. The ones at work get as close as 2 tenths of a pound. So if I am going to keep track here at the house, I am going to use a 5 pound cushion. So here at the house, the goal is 228. Sounds like a long way to go. But I'll get there.

5 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

The right way to lose weight is any way as far as I am concerned! I appreciate your Kool Aid man analogy.....The trick is, at our age, we need to lose weight now or die......

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Kary said...

Maybe if you put trainging wheels on your bike, you could ride faster and Pascal wouldn't have to wait for you. Plus, as the Kool Aid man, your balance can't be that great.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Explain your fuzzy math to me....

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Chad, the one that has lost 8 pounds in 8-days. You refer to me as the “Fellow Heavyweight”. Can I get a light heavyweight title instead? Anyway – I will admit, I haven’t always did the weight loss thing correctly. Prime example is the weight loss challenge we did late last year. If you remember, I basically didn’t start trying to lose weight until the week before the contest was over. If I remember correctly it was a 6 week contest. Needless to say I didn’t eat much that week, but our group won!!! Wasn’t it $170.00 we each won? If I didn’t make weight I know you and Jerry would have attempted to kick my butt. Notice I said attempt. This wasn’t the right way to lose weight. But this time I eating right and working out. I started at 263.4 and I was 255.0 yesterday. So you were right and wrong. I tried the unhealthy way and this time I’m trying the healthy way.

Keep up the hard work and I hope you become a 26.2 man in the near future.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I was getting some serious neck cramps turning around as often as I did! I was thinking about getting a rear-view mirror for my bike, probably a "wide-angle" mirror! JK.. You know I love you man! BTW, I'm no Lance Armstrong. You should see some of the guys I ride with, but I appreciate the compliment. It's just a matter of practice and repetition that makes you better. I gotta tip my hat off to you to go on this mission (not impossible) to complete the Tulsa marathon. I know you can do it. you definitely have the motivation and the drive, and that's all you need. Don't let anyone take that away from you, keep the dream alive, brother! Wow, listen to me ramble... :o) I'll be there at the finish line to cheer you on. There's nothing like crossing that finish line after running 26.2. It just raises the hair on the back of my neck just thinking about it. And then maybe some day, you'll become an ironman just like I will in September. And this time, DNF is NOT and option! :o) Later...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home