Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tough Day

Today was a hell day at work. Things have been so busy that it is starting to stress me out. I really wanted to get out tonight and at least walk a couple of miles to de-stress, but it didn't happen. My daughter has been acting pretty crabby for a couple of days, and I've left to work out 4 days in a row, so I thought I should spend some family time at home for Kary's sake. I needed to take a night off anyway, but I sure didn't feel like it. I'm starting to get a little antsy on days when I don't do anything physical. I think that is a good sign. Maybe this is starting to become a habit.
If you haven't checked out Route66Marathon.com, you definitely should. They are starting to get a little more added to the site all the time. I just noticed today that you get all kinds of cool stuff for running. All marathon participants get a goody bag and Official Inaugural Route 66 Marathon Sweatshirt. Finishers also get a custom medal and finisher's shirt. If you are finishing your first marathon, you get a special "My First Marathon" edition of the finishers medal. Sweet!
Anyway, short post tonight since no running today. Going out with friends tomorrow night, but I'm hoping to get in at least 45 minutes before we go out. This weekend I would like to get in a long run. If I go to the track where it is nice and flat, I may try and get in a 4 miler. That would be the longest I'll have gone since my last run last year. I felt great on that run, and went a little farther and faster than I should have. That was the start of the illiotibial band (ITB) problems. The key on the long run, though, is slow pacing. I have to be willing to be patient and go slow enough. Patience is the key to everything right now.
If you are out there training, let me know how it is going for you.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

I have been doing all my running at the track...i really like it up there....no way in hell i could run for 4 miles right now without stopping...I have been doing the run 1/4 walk a 1/4 until my lungs stop trying to come out and take a look around......

If you are going to try to run before going out tonight....then i am too....I will do my 3 miles and call it quits, if I can get the time......

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Oh...I am trying to be a better, more understanding, empathetic person...so...sorry to hear you had a bad day at work. At least you aren't bored to tears!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home