Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goals

205 is the goal. 45 pounds. Actually 47, because I was a little over 252 when I started. But I agreed to use 250 as a starting weight so I could make sure my buddy was in on the challenge. A couple of weeks ago when I got going, I set the following weight goals: 247 by 8/1, 239 by 9/1, 229 by 10/1, 219 by 11/1, 209 by 12/1, then a couple weeks to drop the last 4 or 5. So basically, 2.5 pounds per week. Nothing too dramatic.

But after a couple of weeks of working out pretty regularly, I'm starting to feel a little greedy. The goal is still to weigh under 247 tomorrow morning, but I've set a new intermediary goal - 240 by next Friday, 8/8. My brother in law is getting married, and I thought it might be nice to not look pregnant in the pictures. At least not full-term pregnant. Maybe just a little bump.

Sorry no pictures yet, but when you do most of your walking/running after dark, pictures are a little harder to take. Trust me, once the weight starts dropping, your going to be seeing more shirtless pictures of me than Matthew McConaughey and Pamela Anderson combined.

I did the 1.5 mile loop that Aaron and I used to do a couple of times tonight, by the way, and it brought back fond memories. I've said I'm not real big on the team concept, but I do miss having a running buddy. Update on the weight goal comming tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Some days are good to run alone, but yeah, those were the days....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home