Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday

So the biggest difference between the weight loss plan this time and last time is going to be cross training. I meant to do more (any) cross training while preparing for the Route 66, but it just didn't happen. To be able to really get into some solid cross training, though, I'm really going to have to focus on building a solid base. Right now, I just don't have the strength to train long enough or hard enough to burn the calories I need to. So for right now, I'm not as worried about losing weight as I am about adding strength and muscle. That's part of the advantage of only weighing in once a month as well. The little weight fluctuations that are bound to occur won't effect me as much.

I plan on spending the rest of July and August concentrating on gradually cleaning up the diet while focusing on swimming, walking (to build foot and ITB strength), and weight lifting emphasising the big power exercises. Diet-wise, I'm going to gradually start phasing out the bad foods one at a time. Starting this week, I've cut out all fried foods. In a week or so, no more non-diet sodas. I'm definitely going to have to build in some cheat days, though, so I can stay relatively sane. I've cleaned up my snacking at work a bit, and loaded up on salad fixings here at the house for dinner. Lots of red beans, eggs, and grilled chicken to keep the protein high.

I hope to start adding some pics to the blog soon, but that is going to be up to the missus, since she is the official photog in the family. Plus, self pics while swimming may be tricky. Swimming is enough of an ass-whip by itself without trying to make sure I get a great self portrait (while making sure my stomach isn't in the pic).

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Can't wait for those swimming pics!


"Lots of red beans, eggs, and grilled chicken to keep the protein high." -and the cholesterol.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home