Friday, July 25, 2008

Update

Things have been going pretty much according to plan so far. I've been very careful with the new diet (even though it really isn't a diet), but fell off the wagon a touch today. Kary and Logan came down to OKC to take me to lunch, and Logan picked Johnnie's. Now, I can't very well go to Johnnie's and eat a chef salad, can I? Damn right. Chicken fried chicken sandwich it is. Other than a few stray french fries from Emma's Happy Meal last week, that was the first fried food I've had in a couple of weeks.

My plan for the diet is pretty simple. Stop eating so much crap. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Losing weight isn't easy, but it's not rocket science. I'm not sure why, but I tend to rebel against organized weight loss programs, running programs, training programs, etc. Some of the ladies at work have lost weight using Weight Watchers, and while I applaud them for finding something that works for them, that just isn't my thing. Call me selfish, but I'm not willing to bust my ass, lose weight, and then have everybody tell me "Isn't Weight Watchers great? It works so well!!" F U Weight Watchers!!! I don't want to train with a group of other runner's for a race, and then give all of the credit to the group effort. Nobody helped me get this fat (except maybe Ronald McDonald and the Schwan's guy), and I feel like losing the weight is something I need to do by myself.

So step one in the new diet is cutting out fried foods. Which isn't to say that I won't ever be eating fried foods, just severely limiting my intake. So I am taking my lunch to work to avoid the fast food trap, and eating healthy snacks. Not too tough. Workouts have been going great. Lots of swimming and a little more running each day. Throw in a couple of weight lifting sessions each week and things are starting to look up. I am experimenting a little with protein intake during and immediately after workouts, so I'm curious to see how much difference that can make. Right now, I'm not really focusing on the weight loss aspect, just trying to add strength so I can really push myself down the stretch of this challenge. I'm hoping to post pictures next time. Maybe some good-ass redneck tire flippin' pics!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Aaron Hamby said...

Let's get those pics up post haste...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home