Monday, July 14, 2008

Weight Loss Challenge, Take 2. Hundred.

So I am involved in yet another weight loss challenge. Mano a mano with one of the guys from work. He is a runner, so we have decided to make the prize running related. Winner gets either a new pair of shoes or entry into the race of his choice, with a $100 limit.

I'm not sure why I think this time is going to be any different, but for some reason I do. So far, not all of the challenges have been disasters. The first one I entered, I started off weighing a disgusting 275 pounds, which I have whittled down to a rotund 250 pounds and kept that 25 pounds off for a couple of years. No point dwelling on the fact that at one time, I was back down around 230, though, right?

I have a plan this time. A long range plan that I think is going to be better in the long run. Details to come later, but trust me on this one. I have a plan. I'm not sure if it makes it better or worse that I know exactly how to lose weight and get in shape but haven't in a decade. But the plan this time is fool-proof.

So I start this challenge weighing 250, and the shoe donor weighs 200. D-Day is the Monday before Christmas. I plan on weighing in once a month for the next 5 months. The goal? 45 pounds. While I want to start running again, though, I don't want to be built like a runner. I'm thinking more along the lines of a strong safety. Long, lean, and muscular. I have a picture of the finished product in my head. I just have to find it. Last time I saw it, it was between some 80's song lyrics and an obscure Caddyshack reference...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home