Tuesday, May 02, 2006

We Own the Night

Have I mentioned before how much I love working out after dark? I'm sure I have, but it bears repeating. I decided to run/walk hills tonight, because going uphill always makes my knees feel better. Of course, it hurts to go back downhill, but quit yer bitchin. It was beautiful when I got outside tonight at about 9:15. Nice and cool with almost no breeze. I think I have already described the hills I do, but basically it is just up one side and down the other, back and forth. Rocket science I know, but you really need to spell things out for some people. Daylen. Anyhoo, at the bottom of the hill on the west side, I stood there for about 10 minutes, surrounded by the smell of honeysuckle and watching a very cool lightning storm. It was one of those moments that is hard to describe, but well worth the price of admission.

The diet is going very well. Granted, I'm hungrier than Paris Hilton after an all-nighter, but I'm thinking that is a good thing. Maybe not the Paris part, but you know what I mean. Like two pregnant women passing each other in the freezer section of the grocery store, Chad was definitely feeling the same sugar cravings I was today. But since we are both really trying to stick with our diets this month, we fought off the urge with handfuls of pretzels. I either need to find something healthy to replace the junk food with, or hopefully the cravings will diminish with time. We'll see.

I weighed myself before walking tonight, and I was at 248. So I have one more pound to go before Friday. Once I make that, I may need to set another goal to keep things moving in the right direction. I also need to get with the technology and start posting more pictures. By the way, the way things are looking, the marathon plans may have changed. It is starting to look like the Hamby's are reversing roles. Me and Shell doing the marathon, and Kary and Aaron doing the half. Just a thought....

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Shell said...

Oh heck no... I ain't doing the marathon. that's just crazy talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home